Get your each day, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related information – investigating the tales flying below the radar of at the moment’s crypto information.
- Coinbase has launched a rewards program for patrons holding Maker‘s DAI stablecoin. To be eligible, customers with a verified identification on the alternate, who reside in one of many six nations that may obtain DAI rewards, should maintain at the very least USD 1 of the stablecoin of their account. Per the web site, Dai Rewards are at present accessible in the USA (besides Hawaii), the UK, Spain, Netherlands, France, and Australia.
One of many largest derivatives exchanges on this planet, CME Group, stated that the institutional curiosity in bitcoin (BTC) futures is rising. Per their tweet on July 29, a brand new open curiosity report of 13,104 contracts has been set.
Institutional curiosity in #bitcoin futures is rising, setting a brand new open curiosity report of 13,104 contracts. Lear… https://t.co/zkYMDQ4zp0
- OKB, the utility token adopted by crypto alternate OKEx, has added 4 new partnerships: buying and selling bot platforms HaasOnline and Cryptohopper, the place OKB holders can earn a one-time passive revenue with 15% curiosity and discounted service charges; sensible contract platform MyWish, enabling holders to make use of OKB as a fee instrument on the platform; and the Saturn Community alternate, which listed OKB, enabling holders to commerce and swap OKB there. OKB can now be used at greater than 70 designated retailers and repair suppliers, the alternate said.
- Dharma customers can now commerce any token within the protocol for automated token alternate Uniswap V2, stated in an emailed press launch the Ethereum-based crypto lender. To rejoice the occasion, Dharma – which calls itself “‘the Robinhood of crypto / DeFi” – is providing a promotion for one full month till August 30, throughout which the lender can pay for consumer gasoline and can cost no charges for swapping. All tokens (greater than 2,000 property) supported by Uniswap V2 are supported in Dharma now as properly.
- Guangxi, the autonomous area of China that borders Vietnam, has constructed a “blockchain innovation” park, reported the Guanxi Each day (via Shanghai Securities Information). The park contains 100,000 sqm of commercial area and price round USD 14.3m to assemble. It is going to be utilized in half as a blockchain accelerator for promising tech companies and startups within the area, stated authorities.
- Japanese energy supplier Minna-Denryoku stated it’ll start promoting its blockchain expertise as a service. Per Coin Publish, Minna-Denryoku stated it’ll make its blockchain options accessible to meals producers who need to enhance traceability of their provide chains. The corporate additionally desires to develop a blockchain-powered resolution to assist certify the origin of construction-grade timber.
- Chinese language nationwide power supplier the State Grid Company of China (SGCC) has issued a slew of blockchain patents this yr, reported Shupeidian. The SGCC has issued extra patents than the likes of Nokia and Sony, the report’s authors added. The grid has just lately launched its personal blockchain mainnet, with native energy suppliers now beginning to function nodes on the community.
- Dubai Economic system and Emirates NBD, a banking group within the MENAT area, has introduced that the UAE KYC Blockchain Platform is now stay. Powered by Norbloc blockchain, this initiative was designed to facilitate digital buyer onboarding, instantaneous checking account performance, and sharing of verified KYC (Know-Your-Buyer) knowledge between licensing authorities and monetary establishments, said the press launch. The platform, “set to turn into a nationwide ecosystem for alternate of verified KYC knowledge,” is supported by Good Dubai and the Central Financial institution of UAE, whereas Industrial Financial institution of Dubai, ADCB, HSBC, and RAKBANK are additionally set to go stay quickly.
- Elrond (ERD), a blockchain designed for worth switch, has introduced that it’s now stay on mainnet. Per the emailed press launch, the primary software to launch on the Elrond blockchain is Maiar, a monetary software permitting customers to spend, stake, or lend ERD tokens. Customers should purchase inside the app instantly with 150 totally different fiat currencies. Elrond stated it’ll additionally utterly rework its financial mannequin with the goal “to introduce deflation by shortage” and “a view to creating a brand new digital gold normal.”
- SBI Holdings, Ripple’s largest Asian associate and the operator of the SBI Crypto mining agency and the SBI VC Commerce crypto alternate, has reported that its web revenue elevated by 39% in April-June. Per Nikkei, SBI VC Commerce had a “robust” first quarter of the present monetary yr (FY2020), whereas the agency’s overseas alternate margin buying and selling additionally elevated.
- In Ukraine, two operators of an unlawful fiat to crypto alternate may resist six years in jail, reported Pravda Ukraine. The duo, residents of Khmelnytskyi, within the west of the nation, allegedly operated an internet alternate, permitting Ukrainians to alternate hryvnia for “crypto property and digital currencies.” Police say they confiscated PCs, cell phones and financial institution playing cards from the 2 people.
- Hackers are utilizing dogecoin (DOGE) to increase a malware botnet. Safety researchers at Intezer said they detected a brand new malware payload that could be a totally undetected backdoor which they named Doki. Doki is “abusing the Dogecoin cryptocurrency blockchain in a novel means with the intention to dynamically generate its C2 area deal with,” and it “has managed to remain below the radar for over six months regardless of samples being publicly accessible in VirusTotal,” stated the researchers.