OKB, the native alternate token for OKEx, has misplaced practically a further 20% of its market worth Saturday, bringing its complete drop to roughly 30% because the second-largest cryptocurrency derivatives alternate suspended withdrawals early Friday morning attributable to a keyholder being “out of contact”.
- OKB traded palms simply round $5.90 earlier than the information. Ultimately test, the token is now priced at roughly $4.10.
- OKEx CEO Jay Hao took to Twitter to reassure his purchasers, “All of your funds and belongings are protected.” Additionally on Weibo, Hao defined that the circumstances which have saved the keyholder out of contact together with his firm wouldn’t have an effect on enterprise.
- The continued drop of OKEx’s native token signifies that the fears of many merchants have but to be assuaged.
- Practically all cryptocurrencies dipped on the OKEx information first reported by CoinDesk, with bitcoin dipping practically three p.c. Different alternate tokens adopted, with Binance’s BNB, FTX’s FTT, and Huobi’s HT all dropping between 4-6 p.c.
- Curiously, UNI, the not too long ago launched native token for main decentralized alternate Uniswap, spiked practically 10% on the information of suspended withdrawals from OKEx, though most of these good points had been reversed by Saturday morning.
- OKB is the fifth largest centralized alternate token with an roughly $250 million market capitalization, based on OnChainFX.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the writer and don’t essentially mirror these of Nasdaq, Inc.